- Job Title/grade: Consultant
- Level: Depending on profile (Senior Consultant, Manager, or Head of Department)
- Department: Agriculture
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: ASAP in 2023
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience.
- Reporting to: Directors and Co-founders of Sevea
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to supporting all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as experts in national development projects, we have more than 14 years of experience developing services and coordinating projects to find the best answers to tackle wicked problems in the agriculture and rural development, energy and water sectors in emerging markets.
Find more about us:
- Website: http://www.seveaconsulting.com/en/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sevea/
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant/Manager, you will work as a team leader overseeing the delivery of projects with a team of local and international consultants. Depending on the projects, you will work alone, in teams, or with the support of the CEO. The level of responsibility and autonomy will be adjusted based on the consultants’ profiles.
1/ Act as the lead consultant of the department
- Lead the development of knowledge and technical expertise of the company in Agriculture (value chain analysis, market organisation, agricultural services, food quality, sustainable and innovative farming practices, etc.)
- Undertake and develop a wide range of consultancy work. The work may include contributing to studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, participating in productive project meetings, leading field surveys and data collection activities, organising training for farmers or other relevant stakeholders, ensuring quality reporting to the CEO of Sevea and playing an active role for the implementation of the project.
2/ Project management and delivery
- Lead projects, ensuring quality project delivery and assistance to clients
- Supervise the project team and consultants of Sevea, ensuring their up-skilling, coaching and development
- Be accountable for relationship management with both the client and other external stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure project KPIs are met (client satisfaction, timeline and cost)
3/ Business development
- Manage and supervise commercial proposals.
- Manage client relationships to understand their needs, identify opportunities for value creation, as well as promote Sevea’s expertise
- Pro-actively seek and help secure new business through ongoing client relationships and through building and maintaining professional networks
- Achieve internal KPIs for business development and revenue delivery
4/ Strategy, organization & management of the department
- With the support of the CEO, develop a long-term strategic plan for the development of the department (road map, yearly strategic plan and quarterly targets)
- Strengthen the organization & management of the department
- Reporting on the advancement of the department and its missions (conducting weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings)
5/ Internal development
- Contribute to the company’s internal development by carrying out “back office” activities, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools to optimising internal processes to run them more efficiently, and supporting the team on internal training and knowledge management tool
- Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture-related field.
- Strong interest in socio-eco-agricultural development challenges and solutions in developing countries.
- Ability to conduct a study, carry out quantitative and qualitative analyses, and synthesise results in an accessible manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English ;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multicultural environment,
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills ;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines ;
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
It would be a strong plus if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry (agriculture and/or strategy consulting)
- Strong influencing and leadership skills reflected by the ability to work effectively across a variety of clients showing a proactive approach to building client satisfaction and strong relationships;
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience managing a team of international and local consultants
- International experience, and ideally working in developing countries (Cambodia or South East Asia would be even better)
- Willingness to travel abroad for work assignments.
- A deep knowledge of Agriculture value chains, systems, technologies and markets. Familiarity with (Asian ideally) agriculture sector policy, regulation and the commercial landscape, industry experience within a commercial or consulting role will be highly regarded.
- Experience working with development agencies or donors like ADB, WB, or similar institutions will be highly regarded
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!