- Job Title/grade: Business Development Mentor
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as April 2021
- Salary & benefits: Variable – depending on educational background and experience
- Reporting to: Directors of Sevea
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we have 10 years of experience developing services and coordinating projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture and rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Sevea is starting multiple projects focusing on business development, through acceleration, mentoring, etc. The Business Development Mentor will be at the forefront of these activities, providing mentoring and coaching to our program participants, whilst also supporting internal capacity development and team management of the Sevea team.
The Business Development Mentor will be responsible for:
- Mentoring, coaching and training entrepreneurs/SMEs on all aspect of business management. This may include identifying capacity building needs, producing action plans to address the identified gaps, providing support in preparing, producing and finalizing business plans, and providing practical training and coaching in all topics of business management (accounting, sales and marketing, financing, planning, etc.) as well as practical solutions to address barriers to growth at all stages of development;
- Project implementation and team leadership, including the ability to effectively delegate responsibilities to team members, review team member’s work, provide timely and effective feedback, conduct productive project meetings and play an active role in coaching and supporting the growth of Sevea team members
- Project monitoring, including tracking of the professional and business development of entrepreneurs involved in our programs, and assessing their readiness to progress throughout our scheduled activities, which includes their readiness to receive business financing ;
- Managing and delivering projects, mainly in the SME department, but also in the Rural development, WASH, and Energy sectors if needed;
- Undertaking and developing a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients. The work is likely to be varied across the sectors and may include undertaking studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realizing feasibility studies, designing and implementing projects, etc.;
- Working closely with international consultants and project managers to provide Cambodia context knowledge, facilitate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders of the company and communicate both in English and Khmer. The Business Development Mentor will act as the focal point between international, national consultants and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in Business / Administration, Economics, Finance or any related fields.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in sectors related to Business Development, Sales, Management, or any other relevant field;
- Experience to coach SMEs, to design, implement and manage projects (team, budget, etc.), to manage sales in rural areas, to conduct studies, analysis or researches, etc.;
- Experience in team leadership, with particular focus on supporting and leading dynamic teams;
- Experience working with government actors at both national and sub-national levels;
- Experience in supporting enterprises in the context of energy for productive usage will be an advantage;
- Previous experience as consultant is an advantage.
- Proven ability in leading teams and building their capacity;
- Proven ability to coach and mentor SMEs;
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organized. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Full proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Fluent in both Khmer and English
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!