- Job Title/grade: Business Development Mentor
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years / Unlimited
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as September / October 2020
- Salary & benefits: Variable – depending on educational background and experience
- Reporting to: Directors of Sevea
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all around the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
The Business Development Mentor will be contracted in format of Long-Term Agreement (LTA). Business Development Mentor will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and developing the necessary material to provide tailored support to solar technology providers (STPs) (technical, market identification, products marketing, access to credit, how best to integrate solar technologies into agri-fisheries value chains, supply chains and route to market);
- Mentoring, coaching and training entrepreneurs on all aspect of business management. This may include business capacity assessment, designing training manuals and training plan to address capacity gaps, providing support in brainstorming business concept, developing and finalizing business plans, and providing practical training and coaching in all topics of business management (accounting, sales and marketing, financing, planning, etc.) as well as practical solutions to address barriers to growth at all stages of development;
- Documentation the profile of trainees, baseline capacity, regularly assessment & evaluation, and reporting for further actions.
- Event organizing for business demonstration, business field observation, and speakers invitation.
- Working closely with international consultants and project managers to provide Cambodia context knowledge, facilitate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders of the company and communicate both in English and Khmer. The Business Development Mentor will act as the focal point between international, national consultants and other relevant stakeholders;
- Master’s Degree in Business / Administration, Economics, Finance or any related fields.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in sectors related to Business Development, Sales, Management, or any other relevant field;
- Experience to coach SMEs, to design, implement and manage projects (team, budget, etc.), to manage sales in rural areas, to conduct studies, analysis or researches, etc.;
- Experience working with government actors at both national and sub-national levels;
- Experience in supporting enterprises in the context of energy for productive usage will be an advantage;
- Previous experience as consultant is an asset.
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines ;
- Able to work during weekend or late afternoon (sometimes mentoring sessions are conducted at such schedule)
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organized. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills ;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Full proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Fluent in both Khmer and English
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!