- Job Title/grade: Business and Financial Consultant
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as May 2021
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience.
- Reporting to: Director
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging markets.
The Business and Financial consultant will be responsible for:
1. Identifying donors and obtaining funds for a TA program:
- Identify donors and obtaining funds for TA (Technical Assistance) for innovative, socially and/or environmentally-beneficial businesses in South-East Asia
- Establish an action plan to get the funds
- Draft concept notes, information memorandum for interested donors
- Implement the fundraising
2. Providing TA to the SMEs post-investment. Support the lead consultant in:
- carrying out assessment of enterprise based on different sources of information: i) due diligence ii) Any available internal documents provided to us (e.g. KPIs tracker, financial statements…) iii) Skype or on-site visit of the enterprise)
- Establishing a Technical Assistance action plan and do the project coordination
- Developing necessary tools, processes, to improve operations.
3. Providing TA to SMEs pre-investment:
- Develop or review investor package of SMEs including business plan, financial model, pitch.
- Support entrepreneurs strategy and help them reach financial closure
4. Contributing to Sevea’s development
Employees are asked to contribute to the internal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimizing internal processes to run it more efficiently. Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. In this case, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organizations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
Quality & Skills Required
- Strong academic background (e.g. Business, Economics).
- Financial knowledge: Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to conducts basic financial analysis.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in sectors related to finance or business analysis;
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint Skills. Additional but not a must: VBA, Coding experience.
- Outstanding team player, autonomous, dynamic, result oriented, rigorous and committed;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to communicate complex ideas to all areas of the business;
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision and in a multicultural environment, exercise independent judgment and prioritize work;
- Polyvalent and proactive;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects;
- Attracted by professional challenges.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!