- Job Title/grade: Expert Consultant in Energy
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia or other countries based on opportunities
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years / Unlimited
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as February 2020
- Salary & benefits: Gross annual salary between $21,000 – $28,000 (indicative net $19,900 – $25,600), depending on educational background and experience, visa, work permit and health insurance.
- Reporting to: Directors and co-founders of Sevea
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all around the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Sevea is starting the Switch to Solar project, which is a 4-year project under the SWITCH Asia Programme funded by the European Union, in consortium with two partners, People in Need (PIN) and EnergyLab.
This project aims to contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic growth in rural areas of Cambodia by reducing the environmental impacts of MSMEs and consumers’ energy consumption and generating green employment opportunities.
Overall, Sevea will lead the following activities:
- Market analysis on agri/fisheries MSMEs’ needs;
- Establishment of MSME demonstration sites;
- Support the scale-up of new solutions;
- Business Competency Surveys;
- Technical support to targeted Solar Technology Provider (STP);
- STP-defined market surveys;
- Support STP to develop collaboration agreements with Finance actors;
- Support STP to develop sustainable supply chains and route to market;
75% of the Expert Consultant time will be dedicated to the Switch to Solar project, by:
- Undertaking and developing specific tasks related to the activities mentioned above, such as
- assessing each value chain against energy-use;
- benchmarking technology solutions, including local availability and sector appropriateness;
- conducting a deep analysis of the shortlisted applications/solutions;
- contributing to the capacity building of the STP selected;
- providing sectoral training;
- participating in the Incubation Program;
- and many others.
25% of the Expert Consultant time will be allocated to other Sevea’s work. He/she will also be responsible for:
- Performing and undertaking a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients. The work is likely to be varied across the sector and may include producing reports, sectoral studies, market assessment, cost-benefit analyses, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realising feasibility studies, designing and implementing procedures, etc;
- Providing expert advice to a range of clients from NGOs to private organisations;
- Managing or helping manage projects;
- Cleaning and analysing data, including synthesising large dataset;
- Completing proposals and funding opportunities;
- Going on field missions (different provinces of Cambodia) when required;
- Carry out a substantial literature review on the sector;
- Prepare briefs of South East Asia latest news in Energy & Energy Efficiency;
- Support the team on internal training and knowledge management tool.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Between 4 and 10 years of experience in the Energy sector with experience in a consulting firm and at least 1 year in senior management;
- Experience conducting market researches, sectoral studies, analyse large datasets and carry out quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Experience to design and implement project;
- Former experience in South-East Asia, especially Cambodia is an asset.
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of clients and should be an effective communicator;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organised. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to ‘muck-in’ and carry out all types of tasks as necessary;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Full proficiency in MS. Office (Word, Power Point and Excel). Knowledge of pivot table and VBA is an asset;
- Fluent in English, native speaker preferred.
- Strong commitment to the environmental and social principles which drive Sevea;
- Strong team spirit and involvement within all the projects, working sessions and development of the company and employees;
- Must be an entrepreneur at heart, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work within and to support the development of a growing team from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and in a multi-cultural environment (our team is composed of Khmer, French and British employees for now);
- Polyvalent and proactive;
- Keen to travel in rural areas.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!