- Job Title/grade: Energy Efficiency Engineer
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia) with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as January 2023
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience.
- Reporting to: Depending on profile, Director or Energy Department Manager
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we have 10 years of experience developing services and coordinating projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets.
Sevea seeks an Energy Efficiency Engineer to join our Energy Department, focused on Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency (EE). This position is an opportunity to apply engineering skills as a consultant, including developing technical expertise on EE, leading activities on EE such as audits or trainings and overall support of the energy transition in Cambodia. As an example, Sevea launched CEE Comp in 2020, a multi-year campaign that will help boost energy efficiency in Cambodia, and result in the mass adoption of energy efficiency principles by Cambodian organisations and citizens.
As an energy efficiency engineer, duties might include:
- Contribute to business development of energy efficiency services through proposals, client relationships, and other venues
- Develop knowledge and technical expertise of the company in energy efficiency including responsibility for gathering and analysing market Energy reports and datas
- Lead and implement programs and consultancy on energy efficiency (energy audit, buildings energy management, recommendations to reduce electricity bills and act as an energy efficiency engineer/expert in front of clients)
- Develop and deliver trainings on energy efficiency, and especially training of green energy teams and energy managers
- Perform commercial and industrial site visits to verify energy efficiency measure installation and collect relevant data
- Analyze collected data using Excel or other analytical tools, identifying trends, optimizing weather-normalized models, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results
- Document findings in reports, memos, and presentations to clients
- Assist interdisciplinary teams providing technical input to their projects
- Work with analytic tools to inform strategic decisions by developing data analysis pipelines, managing databases, and building interactive visualizations
- Participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods
- Develop building energy models and work with project teams to analyze system options and energy performance
- Update energy models to reflect as-built conditions and calibrate models using meter data
- Perform meter installation, data collection, and data analysis to evaluate energy savings measures for clients
- Independently manage tasks and small teams of engineers
- Master in engineering (energy, renewables, electrical engineering preferred)
- Two to five years of experience with commercial and/or industrial buildings and energy efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with energy sector or utility industry
- Good understanding of HVAC equipment energy efficiency
- Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression models and bin analysis, cross-validation, and parameter tuning/optimization
- Familiarity with project management strategies and tools
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!