- Job Title/grade: Energy Engineer
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as possible
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience
- Reporting to: Head of Energy Department
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs, or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
As an Energy Engineer, responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Sevea in business development activities, including the preparation of Expressions of Interest (EOI), project proposals, and other supporting documentation
- Develop knowledge and technical expertise of the company in the field of energy (energy access, renewable energies & clean energy technologies, energy efficiency, electric vehicles, etc.)
- Undertake and develop a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients (studies, energy audits, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realizing feasibility studies, coordinating workshops and conferences, designing and implementing projects, etc). He/ she will be in charge of the technical aspects and support the other components of a wide range of consultancy work
- Support and/or lead the management of new and existing projects/consulting assignments in Cambodia and overseas, as required, including: Liaising with consultants (from Sevea or external consultants) and clients; Going on field missions (different provinces of Cambodia) when required; Progress Reporting; Preparation of reports specific to identified deliverables
- Contribute to the company’s internal development by carrying out “back office” activities, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimizing internal processes to run it more efficiently, supporting the team on internal training and knowledge management tool: working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development.
The level of responsibility and autonomy will be adjusted based on the profile of the employee.
Education and Professional Skills
- Master in engineering (energy, renewables, electrical engineering preferred)
- Consultant profile & mindset
- Excellent analytical and synthetic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- It would be an asset if you have any related experience:
- As an energy consultant or similar role
- Conducting market research, and sectoral studies, analyzing large datasets and carrying out quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- With GIS
- To design and implement projects;
- In the Solar, Renewable Energy or Energy Efficiency industry
- With ADB, UN agencies, WB, and other IFI’s
- In developing countries, especially in South-East Asia and Cambodia
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!