- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Contract
- Duration: 4 months (extendable to 8 months)
- Starting Date: 3rd week of September 2020
- Salary & benefits: Negotiable
- Reporting to: Programme Manager & Directors
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all around the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Switch to Solar project is a 4-year project under the SWITCH Asia Programme funded by the European Union. Sevea has starting this project in consortium with two partners, People in Need (PIN) and EnergyLab. This project aims to contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic growth in rural areas of Cambodia by reducing the environmental impacts of MSMEs and consumers’ energy consumption and generating green employment opportunities.
Overall, Sevea will lead the following activities:
- Market analysis on agri/fisheries MSMEs’ needs;
- Establishment of MSME demonstration sites (integration solar technology in a selected agri-fisheries value chain);
- Support the scale-up of new solutions;
- Business Competency Surveys;
- Technical support to targeted Solar Technology Provider (STP);
- STP-defined market surveys;
- Support STP to develop collaboration agreements with Finance actors;
- Support STP to develop sustainable supply chains and route to market;
Outputs : As part of the Switch to Solar project, Sevea is looking for experts in Agri-fisheries (crops, livestock, fishery, and aquaculture). The selected expert will collaborate closely with Sevea team to complete the following outputs.
- Deep dive analysis on crop & livestock value chains around Tonle Sap areas
- Provide update data of potential crops & livestock in related to production & trading
- Mapping stakeholders including MSMEs in the crops & livestock value chains
- Analyse the financing options for crops & livestock MSMEs
- Crops & livestock sector financing options for scaling up
- Solar technology financing needs
- Identify the most appropriate and sustainable financial mechanisms
- Estimation the average of production costs & benefits (for micro enterprise, small enterprise, and medium enterprise)
- Review existing policy and regulation and identify the position of solar technology to improve the value chain at national agenda
- Identify challenges & opportunities on integration each solar technology to the most applicable crops & livestock value chain
- Identify the policy gap of RE & Solar technology in crop & livestock value chains
- Suggest policy implications for energy-smart technologies related to the relevant crops & livestock MSMEs in Cambodia.
- Suggested Methods
- Desk Review & Secondary data collection
- Review existing finding of market analysis of value chains identification, rapid value chains assessment, and the most promising 10 solar technologies for agri-fisheries value chains around Tonle Sap
- Literature review for the feasible of the 10 selected solar technologies
- Collaborating with Sevea team for conducting interviews with experts, STPs/entrepreneurs, and owner of MSMEs
- Interviews with key experts at university (ITC, RUA, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Fishery, Ministry of Mine and Energy, NGOs, etc.)
- Interview with representative Solar Technology Providers
- Interview with representative of agri-fisheries MSMEs
- Field visits
- Field visits for each solar technology application
- Field observation for potential agri-fisheries value chain which can integrated solar technology
- 1 Report including visual photos/graphics showing the visual of 10 solar technologies used in agri-fisheries MSMEs and pictures from field visit/STPs
- 1 Excel database for production & trading in related to crop, livestock / fishery & aquaculture
- 1 PPT to summary the findings
- 1 short policy brief
- Desk Review & Secondary data collection
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science, Fishery, Agricultural economics, Energy or any related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business and Administration might be accepted.
- Between 4 and 10 years of practical experience in the Agricultural Science in Cambodia
- Experience in costs-benefit analysis
- Former experience in South-East Asia, especially Cambodia is an asset.
- Previous experience as consultant is an asset
- Able to understand multiple clients, stakeholders and projects.
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organised. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Full proficiency in MS. Office (Word, Power Point and Excel);
- Fluent in English and Khmer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!