Summary: Two essential pillars to support the scale up of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are technical assistance and access to finance. Sevea has extensive knowledge and experience in supporting SMEs in their scale up with both pillars. In the past 5 years, Sevea has supported more than +26 SMEs (including 21 in South-East Asia) from strategic consulting to operational support, passing by access to finance raising more than USD 2.2M.
When it comes to business development, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) find themselves usually in a complicated situation both in terms of securing growth funds and having internally the capacity and skills required to grow soundly.
- In terms of securing finance, SMEs are usually trapped in what is often described as the “missing middle”, in which entrepreneurs who are just beyond the seed stage lack the medium-or long-term financing they need to keep on growing. These enterprises are indeed considered either too big for micro-finance institutions or too small and too risky for traditional financiers
- In addition, SMEs usually face significative gaps in terms of internal skill required to develop themselves and lack the financial capacity to finance the appropriate technical assistance that could help them overcome temporary challenges.
Two essential pillars to support the scale up of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are technical assistance and access to finance. Sevea has extensive knowledge and experience in supporting SMEs in their scale up with both pillars. In the past 5 years, Sevea has supported more than +26 SMEs (including 21 in South East Asia) from strategic consulting to operational support, passing by access to finance raising more than USD 2.2M.
Strategic and Operational Consulting for Sustainable & Inclusive Business
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectorial studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging markets. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all around the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com/en/
Role and responsibilities
Sevea is at a strategic turn and needs to reinforce its team. We aim to expand our activities of our SME Business Development Department. We are thus looking for a hard-working passionate Business and Financial Consultant for SMEs.
Business and financial consultant for SMEs
Identify donors and obtaining funds for a TA program:
- Identify donors and obtaining funds for TA (Technical Assistance) for innovative, socially and/or environmentally-beneficial businesses in South-East Asia
- Establish an action plan to get the funds
- Draft concept notes, information memorandum for interested donors
- Implement the fundraising
Provide TA to the SMEs post-investment:
Support the lead consultant in:
- Carrying out assessment of enterprise based on different sources of information: i) Due diligence; ii) Any available internal documents provided to us (e.g. KPIs tracker, financial statements…); iii) Skype or on-site visit of the enterprise)
- Establishing a Technical Assistance action plan and do the project coordination
- Developing necessary tools, processes, to improve operations
Provide TA to SMEs pre-investment:
- Develop or review investor package of SMEs including business plan, financial model, pitch
- Support entrepreneurs strategy and help them reach financial closure
Sevea being a SME, all employees are asked to contribute to the internal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimizing internal processes to run it more efficiently. Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. In this case, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organizations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
Quality and skills required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong academic background (e.g. Business, Economics)
- Financial knowledge: Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to conducts basic financial analysis
- Reasoning ability: Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong analytical skills and you can switch from helicopter view to focus on the details
- Previous internship or experience in finance or as business analyst is preferred
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills. Additional but not a must: VBA, Coding experience
- Outstanding team player, autonomous, dynamic, result oriented, rigorous and committed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and able to communicate complex ideas to all areas of the business
- Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgement and prioritize work
- Polyvalent and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Attracted by professional challenges
- Job Title/grade: Business and Financial Consultant for SMEs
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience. If internship before graduation (high probability of job offer at the end of internship)
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as February 2019
- Reporting to: Directors and co-founders of Sevea
Get in touch with us
Send your CV and a cover letter in English to Sevea through the job application of our website:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!