- Job Title/grade: Junior/Senior Consultant
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia) with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as October/November 2019
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience. Bonuses based on commercial development
- Reporting to: WASH/Energy Project Manager
Sevea’s Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Energy & Energy Efficiency (Energy) departments are seeking a junior or senior consultant to work on the assignments conducted within the company. Sevea’s WASH and Energy teams are leading mission in Cambodia but also in other developing countries such as Burkina Faso, Vietnam…
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organisations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging market. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all round the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Our departments are composed of a multi-disciplinary team carrying out projects and research studies on water service delivery and sanitation, energy access, consumption and efficiency. From behaviour change analysis to sectoral studies, decision-making tool to financial modelling, project design to project management, the work accomplished requires a broad set of skills, creative, critical-thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Sevea Consulting Company is committed to foster the knowledge and professional skills of the consultants/interns joining us. According to the experience of the consultant, different level of responsibilities will be associated to the job. A senior consultant will lead or take part in the advisory services such business development, studies and project management.
Studies and Consulting
The consultant will support the WASH/Energy Department on the ongoing and future clients’ missions:
- Perform and produce reports, sectoral studies, market assessment and project evaluations;
- Clean and analyse data, including synthesising large dataset;
- Design quantitative survey and qualitative questionnaires;
- Manage or help manage projects;
- Complete proposals and funding opportunities;
- Go on field missions (different provinces of Cambodia) when required.
Research and knowledge capitalisation
The consultant will be supporting/leading water and sanitation or energy-related researches for the departments. They will deepen the current knowledge of the departments on the existing technologies, latest policies, investment capacities, technical requirements, technologies, behaviours regarding the people and the private sector intervention in South East Asia:
- Design and prepare sectoral databases, fact sheets and stakeholder’s mapping;
- Plan meetings with researches and relevant stakeholders;
- Carry out a substantial literature review on the sector;
- Prepare weekly briefs of South East Asia latest news in WASH or Energy & Energy Efficiency;
- Support the team on internal training and knowledge management tool.
The ideal applicant will bring undergraduate/graduate training or professional experience in a field related to water, sanitation, or energy and energy efficiency.
Profiles with the following competencies will be advantaged:
- Background and knowledge in water and sanitation or energy and energy efficiency projects and other topics covered by Sevea (SME, agriculture, finance…);
- Interest in multiple of those topics water, sanitation, energy, energy efficiency, socio-economic development, rural development and entrepreneurship;
- Fluency in English (native English-speakers preferred), excellent oral and written expression;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Hardworking, polyvalent, curios, flexible and ready for a professional challenge in Cambodia;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Proficiency in GIS software package is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!