- Job Title/grade: Energy Effiency Manager
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: Our team is eager to have you on board as soon as November 2019
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience. Bonuses based on commercial development
- Reporting to: Head of Energy
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organisations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging market. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all round the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Our departments are composed of a multi-disciplinary team carrying out projects and research studies on water service delivery and sanitation, energy access, consumption and efficiency. From behaviour change analysis to sectoral studies, decision-making tool to financial modelling, project design to project management, the work accomplished requires a broad set of skills, creative, critical-thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
With an electricity demand projected to grow between 10 and 15% per annum, Cambodia constantly faces supply challenges. Instead of systematically reinforcing energy production capacity, we believe the first answer to energy challenges is to reduce the energy consumption. Despite the price of electricity still high comparatively to neighbouring countries, Cambodia’s adoption of energy efficiency remains very low with not dedicated regulatory context and real trust issues from most of the stakeholders. We therefore believe that it is more than time for this sector to emerge in Cambodia.
So far, Sevea has performed a few energy efficiencies studies and audits for building in Cambodia and contributed to the writings of a national energy efficiency policy strategy in the Pacific. But our actions and their impact remained marginal. We want now to take a step further. By adopting a holistic approach and by working with the entire spectrum of stakeholders, from technical solutions providers, construction companies and architects, universities, development agencies and government, we wish to contribute and help this sector structure itself.
Role and Responsibilities
Sevea is at strategic turn and needs to reinforce its team. We aim to expand our activities and launch of new Energy Efficiency Department. We are looking for a hard-working, passionate Energy Manager with minimum 2 years’ experience in the sector.
Energy Efficiency Manager
Your goal will be to lead missions and projects in energy efficiency, supporting commercial development, and developing the expertise in this sector.
- You will support the development of the EE department and expand Sevea’s services across the low carbon energy sector;
- You will be leading projects and providing expert advice to a range of clients;
- You will support business development and sales;
- You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Energy managing, undertaking and developing a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients along with helping to build expertise within the new Low Carbon Energy Team. The work is likely to be varied across the sector and may include undertaking energy audits in private and public sector organisations, providing strategic advice to clients on energy efficiency opportunities, realising feasibility studies, designing and implementing energy efficiency measures, certifying and assessing Measurement and Verification (M & V) Plans;
- You will manage an Energy Efficiency competition for commercial buildings in Cambodia, including recruitment of participants (identifying and recruiting buildings and organization to join the competition), supervising events and delivering training aiming at building knowledge and capacity among employees of these commercial buildings.
Sevea being a SME, all employees are asked to contribute to the interal life of the company, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimising internal processes to run it more efficiently. Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. From time to time, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organisations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (a double degree in business would be a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Energy Efficiency
- Strong understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions including, lighting, HVAC and mechanical systems
- An interest in and aptitude for developing areas of technical expertise within the company (experience and aptitude for developing commercial opportunities is a plus)
- Critical approach
- The ability to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of clients and should be an effective communicator
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and you can switch from helicopter view to focus on the details
- Ability to work within and to support the development of a growing team from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and in a multi-cultural environment (our team is composed of Khmer, French and British employees for now)
- The ability to help develop the careers of national (Khmer) junior staff
- Experience to answer to calls for proposal and grants and to write studies
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English and including report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Attracted by professional challenges
- Willingness to ‘muck-in’ and carry out all types of task as necessary
- Strong commitment to the environmental and social principles which drive Sevea
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to quality in the work they do and adopt a pragmatic approach
- Polyvalent and proactive
- Proficient in MS. Office (Word, Power Point and Excel)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!