- Job Title/grade: National Project Officer in Agriculture
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia) with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as October/November 2019
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience. Bonuses based on commercial development
- Reporting to: Project Manager
Sevea’s Agriculture department is seeking a National Project Officer to help on projects conducted within the company and to support the Project Managers with client missions.
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle rural development issues in emerging markets.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
According to the experience of the Officer, different level of responsibilities will be associated to the job. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Officer will be challenged in their production and critical-thinking mindset.
Studies and Consulting
The National Project Officer will support the Agriculture Department on the ongoing and future clients’ missions:
- Be in charge of field missions (different provinces of Cambodia) and pilots implementation;
- Train the farmers/other relevant stakeholders;
- Adapt and find solutions to problems on field;
- Understand farmers’ expectations and the agricultural market in Cambodia;
- Ensure the farmers follow-up;
- Conduct the monitoring and evaluation of the projects;
- Design quantitative and qualitative questionnaires.
Research and knowledge capitalisation
The Officer will be supporting agriculture researches for the departments. They will deepen the current knowledge of the departments on the existing technologies, latest policies, investment capacities, technical requirements, technologies, behaviours regarding the people and the private sector intervention in South East Asia:
- Plan meetings with researches and relevant stakeholders;
- Carry out a substantial literature review on the sector;
- Prepare weekly or daily briefs to update the work on field.
The ideal applicant will bring professional experience in a field related to agriculture and rural development knowledge.
Profiles with the following competencies will be advantaged:
- Background and knowledge in agriculture and environment or rural development projects and other topics covered by Sevea (health, renewable energy, water, finance…);
- Good understanding of Cambodia rural development, farm’s challenges and markets in Cambodia;
- Ability to adapt quickly;
- Interest in agricultural production, sustainable technologies, energy, socio-economic development, rural development and entrepreneurship;
- Good English level;
- Hardworking, polyvalent, curious, flexible and ready for a professional challenge in Cambodia;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!