- Job Title/grade: Project Manager in Agriculture/Energy
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia or other countries based on opportunities
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years / Unlimited
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as July 2021
- Salary & benefits: Gross annual salary between $25,000 – $33,000 (indicative net $23,700 – $29,800), depending on educational background and experience, visa and work permit.
- Reporting to: Director and co-founder of Sevea
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we have 10 years of experience developing services and coordinating projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets.
Sevea started the Switch to Solar project in 2020, which is a 4-year project under the SWITCH Asia Programme funded by the European Union, in consortium with two partners, People in Need (PIN) and EnergyLab.
This project aims to contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic growth in rural areas of Cambodia by reducing the environmental impacts of MSMEs and consumers’ energy consumption and generating green employment opportunities.
Overall, Sevea will lead the following activities:
- Market analysis on agri/fisheries MSMEs’ needs;
- Establishment of MSME demonstration sites;
- Support the scale-up of new solutions;
- Business Competency Surveys;
- Technical support to targeted Solar Technology Provider (STP);
- STP-defined market surveys;
- Support STP to develop collaboration agreements with Finance actors;
- Support STP to develop sustainable supply chains and route to market;
As part of the Switch to Solar project, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and delivering the Project (implementation, coordination, budget follow-up, team management, reporting, etc.);
- Undertaking and developing specific tasks related to the activities mentioned above, such as
- identifying and assessing agri-fisheries value chains in Cambodia;
- conducting a deep analysis of the shortlisted applications/solutions;
- identifying existing supply chain companies and other relevant potential partners;
- building the capacity of financial institutions and intermediaries to assess and invest;
- providing sectoral training;
- participating in the Incubation Program, to ensure the selected entrepreneurs have effective structure and operations across core business considerations;
- and many others.
More broadly, the Project Manager will also be involved in other Sevea’s work and could:
- Undertake and develop a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients (studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realising feasibility studies, etc);
- Provide expert advice to a range of clients from NGOs to private organisations;
- Contribute to the company commercial development, through the identification of business opportunities, the completion of proposals, etc.
- Go on field missions, mainly in different provinces of Cambodia, when required.
- Contribute to the company internal development by carrying out “back office” activities, from reinforcing its communication and marketing tools, to optimising internal processes to run it more efficiently: working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development.
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Engineering, Business & Administration, Finance or any related fields
- Between 4 and 10 years of experience to design, implement and manage projects (team, budget, etc.), to coach SMEs, to manage sales in rural areas, to conduct studies, analysis or researches, etc;
- Former experience in the Agriculture and/or Energy sector or development project is an asset
- Former experience in South-East Asia, especially Cambodia is an asset.
- Previous experience as consultant is an asset;
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable interacting with a range of clients and should be an effective communicator;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organised. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Full proficiency in MS. Office (Word, Power Point and Excel);
- Fluent in English
- Strong commitment to the environmental and social principles which drive Sevea;
- Strong team spirit and involvement within all the projects, working sessions and development of the company and employees;
- Must be an organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work within and to support the development of a growing team from diverse socio-economic backgrounds and in a multi-cultural environment;
- Polyvalent and proactive;
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English following this application form:
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!