- Job Title/grade: SME (Small Medium Enterprise) Business Development Program Manager
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia), with some travel to the provinces
- Type of contract: Full Time
- Duration: Minimum 2 years
- Starting Date: We are flexible but our team is eager to have you on board as soon as April 2021
- Salary & benefits: Depending on educational background and experience
- Reporting to: Director
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organizations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives and actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we have 10 years of experience developing services and coordinating projects to find the best answers to tackle agriculture/rural development, energy and water issues in emerging markets.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Sevea is starting multiple projects focusing on supporting SMEs and entrepreneurs to strengthen their business ideas, grow and strengthen their businesses, including but not limited to a one-year project as part of the USAID funded and Pact supported ‘We Act’ program focused on supporting female entrepreneurs.
The SME Business Development Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing and delivering projects, including the Pact We Act program, mainly in the SME department, but also in the Rural development, WASH, and Energy sectors if needed, this will include but is not limited to:
- Project planning, including detailed work planning, human resource allocation, developing and monitoring project timelines and budgets.
- Project implementation and team leadership, including the ability to effectively delegate responsibilities to team members, review team members’ work, provide timely and effective feedback, and conduct productive project meetings.
- Project monitoring, including tracking of the professional and business development of entrepreneurs involved in our programs, and assessing their readiness to progress throughout our scheduled activities, which includes their readiness to receive business financing.
- Project reporting and data collection, including both external reporting to clients, and internal reporting, as required for each project.
- Undertaking and developing a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients. The work is likely to be varied across the sectors and may include undertaking studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, business model, strategic analysis and opportunities, realizing feasibility studies, designing and implementing projects, etc.;
- Developing strategies, curriculum content and materials to support Sevea’s activities in project involving mentoring, coaching and training of entrepreneurs on all aspects of business management. This may include identifying capacity building needs, producing action plans to address the identified gaps, providing support in preparing, producing and finalizing business plans, and providing practical training and coaching in all topics of business management (accounting, sales and marketing, financing, planning, etc.) as well as practical solutions to address barriers to growth at all stages of development.
- Undertaking and developing a wide range of consultancy work with public and private sector clients. The work is likely to be varied across the sectors and may include undertaking studies, cost-benefit analyses, sector knowledge reports, strategic analysis and opportunities, realizing feasibility studies, designing and implementing projects, etc.
- Working at Sevea implies contributing to all aspects of its development. From time to time, you will be asked to take part in the commercial development of the company, especially by creating strategic partnerships or establishing new client relationships with SMEs or organisations from the development sector and by developing new offers.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Administration, Economics, Finance or any related fields.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in sectors related to Business Development, Sales, Management, or any other relevant field.
- Experience managing projects, including commercial development, project initiation, planning, implementation, reporting and closing.
- Experience managing people and leading teams effectively.
- Experience developing coaching and entrepreneurship content for coaching and mentoring SMEs, including conducting initial needs assessments, identifying their learning styles and abilities, adapting entrepreneurship content depending on the context, and an ability to mentor junior coaches to improve their mentoring and coaching skills.
- Experience working with SMEs, entrepreneurs and government actors at both national and sub-national levels.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable communities, and experience working with conditional cash transfers to early-stage entrepreneurs is an advantage.
- Previous experience as consultant is an asset.
- Able to manage multiple clients, stakeholders and projects;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated, results oriented and organized. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Flexible, autonomous and able to work in a multicultural environment
- Full proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Khmer an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!