Sevea’s WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Energy & Energy Efficiency (Energy), Agriculture, and SME departments are seeking junior consultants to work on the assignments conducted within the company. Sevea’s WASH, Energy, Agriculture and SME teams are leading missions in Cambodia but also in other developing countries such as Burkina Faso, Vietnam…
At Sevea, we are a team of passionate consultants dedicated to support all the actors (Corporates, Organisations, Governments and SMEs) of the development sector in their initiatives/actions. From creating innovative programs, conducting sectoral studies, mentoring entrepreneurs or acting as expert in national development projects, we develop services and coordinate projects to find the best answers to tackle energy, water and rural development issues in emerging market. After 7 years of experience in developing countries, Sevea is today supporting projects all round the globe mainly in South East Asia, in Africa, and Oceania.
Our departments are composed of a multi-disciplinary team carrying out projects and research studies on water service delivery and sanitation, energy access, consumption and efficiency. From behaviour change analysis to sectoral studies, decision-making tool to financial modelling, project design to project management, the work accomplished requires a broad set of skills, creative, critical-thinking and entrepreneurial mindset.
Find more about us: http://www.seveaconsulting.com
Sevea Consulting Company is committed to foster the knowledge and professional skills of the consultants joining us. According to the experience of the consultant, different level of responsibilities will be associated to the job. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the intern will discover the work of a consultant and be challenged in their production and critical-thinking mindset.
The junior consultant will assist Sevea senior consultants in all of their mission. In other words, the consultant will be led to work on the following advisory services:
- Studies: Sectorial study, Opportunity Study/Market Assessment, Project Evaluation & Impact Assessment
- Business development & Entrepreneurs’ support: SMEs Mentoring & Fundraising, Market-based Solutions/Projects Development
- Project Management
The ideal applicant will bring undergraduate/graduate training or professional experience in a field related to water, sanitation, or energy and energy efficiency.
Profiles with the following competencies will be advantaged:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business and Administration or Political Sciences or even double master would be a plus;
- A keen interest or existing experience in socio-eco-environmental development challenges and solutions in developing countries (climate changes, Bop Market, etc.);
- Knowledge and/or existing experience in one or several key sectors of Sevea (WASH, energy and energy efficiency, agriculture or SME development/access to financing);
- Fluency in English (native English-speakers preferred), excellent oral and written expression;
- Polyvalent and proactive;
- Curious, open-minded flexible and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Hard-worker, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Rigorous and meticulous mindset;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Job Title/grade: Intern (Junior Consultant)
- Location: Phnom Penh (Cambodia) with the possibility to travel in provinces of Cambodia
- Type of contract: Internship
- Duration: Minimum 6 months
- Starting Date: Continuously open
- Salary & benefits:
- $100/month (Net)
- Additional bonus might be given based on results
- Cost of visa during the period of the internship covered by the company
- Days off (Cambodian holidays)
- Reporting to: Project Manager
- Sector(s): WASH, Energy, Agriculture or SME (possible to work under different sectors in parallel according to profile and the needs of the company)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and a brief writing sample in English following this application form.
If you meet any problem during the application process, please send us an email:
We are eager to exchange with you to see where you could bring the most added value to our team!